The Department of Mathematics, National University of Modern Languages (NUML),
Islamabad offers Graduate Programs leading to the degree of MS in Mathematics. The
diversity of graduate courses offered in the department give the student an opportunity to
specialize in one of the several fields of
MS Degree Requirements:
To complete the MS(Mathematics) program, a candidate must:
1. Complete 24 credit-hours of course work.
2. Give two presentation one in 3rd, and second in 4th semester prior to submission of thesis.
3. Prepare a dissertation of 6 credit hours.
4. Meet other requirements as per rules and regulations, prescribed procedures of the university and HEC minimum criteria for MS. Programme for award of MS degree.
- Master / BS degree (16 years of education) in relevant discipline from HEC recognized University with minimum 2.5 out of 4.0 CGPA (2.0 out of 4.0 CGPA for MS EE only, PEC registration is also mandatory) or Grade ‘B’ under semester system or 50 % marks under annual system (45% marks under annual system for Urdu / English programs only).
- Selection in the respective program will be subject to availability of seats, merit based on academic qualification, valid GRE International / NTS / NUML devised GAT- General Score.
- Applicants with valid GRE International/GAT-General from NTS will have to pass written/subjective portion of NUML GAT-G (as per schedule of respective Faculties) to secure admission.