“The wealth of the country is its working people”
It is a great honor and privilege for me to work as the Director of Human Resources in National University of Modern Languages Islamabad. The HR Branch is committed to recruit and retain talented and diverse faculty / staff for Main as well as Regional Campuses. We wish to create a welcoming, affirming, and empowering culture of respect and inclusion. The Branch promotes leading practices in developing and recognizing outstanding faculty and staff to meet the NUML’s Mission.
Thanks for visiting our website!
The National University of Modern Languages was established as an institute in 1969 to help people communicate and understand each other in different oriental and occidental languages, to assimilate different cultures and to act as springboard for emerging disciplines. Initially, the institute provided language training facilities to personnel of armed forces and other government services of Pakistan. It was upgraded to University on May 29, 2000. In achieving this benchmark of a fully autonomous University, it has crossed many barriers and achieved a status of a seat of learning contributing new knowledge in local and global perspective and now teaches 27 oriental and occidental languages in addition to a number of emerging disciplines. A dedicated Human Resource Branch of NUML has recently been established to ensure transparent, Efficient and Consistent recruitment of workforce. The HR Branch is responsible for advertising positions, evaluating potential candidates, and hiring top talent.
To become a model of excellence in Human Resource Management by implementing efficient, transparent and consistent Human Resource Practices
Implementation of transparent HR policies to nurture a professional and inclusive workforce through recruitment & retention, while ensuring compliance with HEC and Government policies.
Our values: -
- Promote a culture of merit, trust, Integrity and fairness
- Treat everyone with dignity and respect
- Work with all Campuses, Departments and Faculties to ensure delivery of efficient and consistent Human Resource services
Provides advice, guidance and support to Faculty members, Staff and the university's senior leadership on the whole range of HR policies and procedures. Manages HR services and activities including: -
- Advertising jobs, recruitment, selection and induction
- Rewards and performance management
- Staff health and wellbeing
- Pensions, payroll, staff benefits
- Leave Policy
- Employment contracts and adherence to employment law
- Dissemination of HR policy and strategy development
- Recruitment of Faculty and Staff
- Promotion of employees
- Postings/Transfers of Faculty and staff
- Renewal of contracts
- Faculty and Staff Leaves
- Management of Human Resources Information Systems
- Compliance with employment related issues / complaints
- Maintenance of personal record of employees
- Medical Reimbursements of Faculty and Staff
- Record of attendance
- Issuance of NOCs and experience certificates to faculty and Staff
- Liaison with HEC/Government Organization