The Prime Minister of Pakistan has announced the Undergraduate Scholarship Program for the low-income families. The program is designed to make the students able to have easy access to higher education. Because to eliminate poverty from Pakistan, the students must get an education beyond 12th grade.
It is Pakistan’s biggest scholarship ever. Over 4 years, more than 200,000 students will benefit from this need-based program in undergraduate studies.
Features of Ehsaas Scholarship
- 50,000 scholarships per year
- The funding pays tuition fees
- The scholarship will provide a monthly stipend to the students
- The quota of 50% is fixed for female students
- A preference for elderly or disadvantaged students
- About Scholarship Provider
About Scholarship Provider
- It is a paradigm shift in a policy of the Government of Pakistan to support undergraduate level students who after completing FA/FSc./Intermediate are unable to pursue university education due to limited financial resources. Unlike past financial assistance schemes that were aimed at MS or PhD programs, the Ehsas Undergraduate Scholarship Project focuses on the most critical segment, namely the 4-5year undergraduate programs, which contributes the most to income of the individual who completes the bachelors degree
- Scholarship covers university tuition fee and stipend throughout four-five years of degree duration. It is a significant step to ensure affordable higher education in all major fields of education including agriculture, arts and humanities, business education, engineering, medical, physical sciences, and social sciences.
- Duration of Scholarship
- Last Date to Apply
- Students currently enrolled in 1st in undergraduate degree programs in NUML
- Applicants who have secured admission on merit fulfilling admission criteria of the university.
- Age limit will be followed as per university regulations for admission at the university.
- Students already availing any other scholarship or grant from any other source are ineligible to apply.
- Students who have secured admission on Self-sustain/Self- support/Self finance evening programs are ineligible.
- Distance learning students /programs are ineligible.
- How to Apply?
How to Apply?
- For applying, visit the official website of the Ehsaas Scholarship Program here: https://ehsaas.hec.gov.pk/#/login
- The completed form and required paperwork may also be sent to the Financial Aid Office of the University.
- Applications sent directly to HEC or BISP will not be entertained.
- The applications of all potential candidates will be reviewed by the scrutiny committee and shortlisted candidates will be interviewed by the Institutional Scholarship Award Committee (ISAC) at the respective University/Institution. The committee will be headed by the Vice Chancellor/Head of Institution.
- The ISAC will recommend potential candidates to HEC.
- Scholarships shall be awarded after finalization and the approval.
- Scholarship funding shall continue for next semester/ year subject to satisfactory academic performance.
- The applications received after last date will not be entertained.
Important Instructions Regarding Form Filling:
- Furnish factual, comprehensive and authentic information in the form.
- Application form will be treated as cancelled if false, vague, incomplete information is provided by the student.
- Form should be submitted by the student in proper sequence and filing.
- Attested copy of applicant’s CNIC.
- Attested Copy of Father and Mother's CNIC.
- Death certificate required in case of Parents death.
- Copy of guardian’s CNIC in case of parent’s death.
- Attested copies of educational certificate Matric, Intermediate and Bachelor.
- Paid copy of Bank fee Challan at NUML for the programme.
- Income Poof, Attested Salary slips required of Parents/Supporting family member working at Government or private sector.
- Copy of pension book must attach in case of parents/Guardian retirement.
- Attested Copies of last month paid utility bills (Electric, Sui a Gas and Water).
- One attested passport size picture.
- One picture of house
- In case of rented house, attested copy of rent agreement is required.
- Students other than first semester, must attach result transcript of previous semester (1 page result card)
- Additional supporting document may be required for the verification purpose and physical verification may also be carried out on as and when required basis
- Forms will not be entertained without supporting documents and received after due date