ORIC has been established to initiate, embed, support and integrate the process of research, innovation and commercialization in every department of the university. ORIC aims to protect and promote the interests of NUML and is working on long-term, sustainable planning and progress of all of its units in integration with the departments of the university. ORIC-NUML has identified key industries with exceptional opportunities, long-term and cutting-edge challenges.
ORIC is an office established by the university at its main campus to implement HEC’s plan of developing a research culture in Pakistani universities. The purpose of this office is to introduce and promote research culture within NUML. It also aims to develop contacts with the corporate sector/market/industry to ensure compatibility between research and requirements in order to increase its utility to the optimum. Therefore, this office facilitates, promotes, monitors, and publishes research conducted with the view to maximize both production and utility of research studies attempted in this regard
To enable and lead Pakistan's transformation to a knowledge-based economy dependent upon innovation and entrepreneurship
To propel the intellectual and social capital of NUML into the globally competitive knowledge-based society through research, innovation & entrepreneurship
To serve as catalyst for the development and empowerment of individuals, professionals and institutions through capacity building and sustainable solutions
- To manage and support all academic and sponsored research & development related activities of academic and research units.
- To bring funding opportunities from national/international donors/sponsors to the attention of faculties.
- To design, develop and deploy practicable and replicable models for sustainable economic and social development of the society.
- To provide tailored career counseling and placement services against one’s needs, goals, choices and future plans based on one’s hidden abilities, skill and talents.
- To provide quality mentorship and conducive environment to writers and scholars for research-based writing.
- To maintain, deepen and strengthen an enduring lifelong relationship between alumni and university through opportunities that promote interaction and engagement with NUML.