Business Incubation Center of NUML (BICON) is a flagship project of Higher Education Commission (HEC) and formally started its operations in October 2016. It was established as an auxiliary unit of ORIC with a strategic aim of providing breeding ground to future Business startups. BICON triggers entrepreneurial spirit, provides state-of-the-art infrastructure, supports problem solving innovation, strengthens business development. BICON promotes the entrepreneurial culture for the start-ups, accelerators and spin-offs from the students, alumni and faculty members. As a national hub of innovation, BICON aims at taking a leading role in developing the national innovation ecosystem by engaging national and regional innovators from all campuses of NUML and nearby HEIs in collaboration.
To create an entrepreneurial ecosystem by shifting job-centric academic orientation towards society-led innovative exploration. To follow the state-of-the-art infrastructure, supporting solution-centric innovation, building market intelligence and strengthening business development.
To work for the development and empowerment of students, alumni and faculty members through capacity building and entrepreneurial grooming for pitching innovative ideas to develop sustainable solutions.
- Fostering an entrepreneurial spirit at university and encouraging students and faculty to create new enterprises.
- Supporting the development of an innovation ecosystem at university.
- Fostering the spirit of social and technological entrepreneurship in students, alumni & faculty.
- Providing quality mentorship and conducive environment for the students, alumni and faculty members.
- Participating as strategic partner of Regional Economic Players, Government & Industry to foster entrepreneurial culture in Pakistan.