The Multimodal Interaction Group studies interaction in current and future computing environments, spanning workplaces, homes, public spaces, and beyond. The research is primarily concerned with concepts, models and software tools / artifacts for interaction techniques and interactive systems. The core scientific activity focuses on the theoretical and technical foundations of multimodal interaction. We are keen to explore the interaction of humans with digital devices around us. Interaction involves different psychological and software aspects depending on the nature of tasks to be performed and the devices used for this purpose. We are motivated to conduct research in all the related areas that affect this interaction. Our research topics include following research lines but are not limited to the given research topics.
3.1 Research Team:
Dr. Muzafar Khan
Cumulative Impact Factor: 14
Number of MS Students under Supervision: 2
Number of Ph.D. Students under Supervision: 0
1. Iqbal, J., Ahmad, R., Khan, M., Amin, F., Alyahya, S., Nasir, M., and Akhunzada, A. Requirements engineering issues causing software development outsourcing failure, PLOS One, 15(4), pp. 1-36, 2020. (IF: 2.74)
2. Iqbal, J., Nasir, M., Khan, M., Awan, I., and Fareed, S. Software process improvement implementation issues in small and medium enterprises that develop healthcare applications, Journal of Medical Imaging and Health Informatics, 10, pp. 1-11, 2020. (IF: 0.65)
3. Parvez, K., Khan, M., Iqbal, J., Tahir, M., Alghamdi, A., Alqarni, M., Alzaidi, A., and Javaid, N. Measuring effectiveness of mobile application in learning basic mathematical concepts using sign language. Sustainability, 11(11), 3064, 2019. (IF: 2.57)
4. Shahzad, B., Awan, K., Abdullatif, A., Lali, M., Nawaz, M., Ayesha, U., and Khan, M. Quantification of productivity of the brands on social media with respect to their responsiveness, IEEE Access, 7(1), pp. 9531-9539, 2018. (IF: 3.74)
5. Ashraf, M., Khan, L., Tahir, M., Alghamdi, A., Alqarni, M., Sabbah, T., and Khan, M. A Study on usability awareness in local IT industry. International Journal of Advanced Computer Science and Applications, 9(5), pp. 427-432, 2018. (ISI Indexed)
6. Zafar, A., Saif, S., Khan, M., Iqbal, J., Akhwanzada, A., Wadood, A., Mogren, A., and Alamri, A. Taxonomy of factors causing integration failure in global software development. IEEE Access, 6(1), pp. 22228-22239, 2018. (IF: 3.74)
7. Iqbal, J., Ahmad, R., Nasir, M., and Khan, M. Significant requirements engineering practices for outsourced mobile application development. Journal of Information Science and Engineering, 33(6), pp. 1519-1530, 2017. (IF: 0.54)
8. Iqbal, J., Farid, S., Qadir, M., and Khan, M. Significant risks for IT outsourcing projects. Technical Journal, 22(2), pp. 90-97, 2017. (HEC recognized)
9. Khan, S. R., Peck, L. S., Dabbagh, M., Tahir, M., Khan, M., and Arif, M. RePizer: a framework for prioritization of software requirements. Frontiers of Information Technology & Electronic Engineering, 17(8), pp. 750-765, 2016. (IF: 1.60)
10. Ahsanullah, Sulaiman, S., Mahmood, K., Khan, M, and Madni, M. Applications of multi-touch tabletop displays and their challenging issues: an overview. International Journal on Smart Sensing and Intelligent Systems, 8(2), pp. 966-991, 2015. (ISI Indexed)
11. Khan, M. Teaching human computer interaction at undergraduate level in Pakistan. International Journal of Computer Science and Information Security, 14(5), pp. 278-280, 2016.
12. Ahmed, N., Khan, M., Tahir, M., and Yousaf, S. Extended smart metering display for improved energy economy. International Journal of Computer Science and Information Security, 14(4), pp. 504-512, 2016.
13. Ahsanullah, Sulaiman, S., Mahmood, K., and Khan, M. Understanding factors influencing user experience of interactive systems: a literature review. ARPN Journal of Engineering and Applied Sciences, 10(23), pp. 18175-18185, 2015. (HEC recognized)
14. Tahir, M., Alshomrani, S. M., Alghamdi, A. S., Siddiqua, A., Ahmed, M., Khan, M., Madni, T. M., and Irfan, R. AVTMT – The effect of multimodal patterns on human memory. Journal of Advances in Information Technology, 4(3), pp. 123-128, 2013.
15. Khan, M., Sulaiman, S., Tahir, M., and Said, A. M. A study on usability factors for haptic systems. International Journal of Computer Theory and Engineering, 5(3), pp. 500-502, 2013.
16. Khan, M., Sulaiman, S., Tahir, M., and Said, A. M. Domain-based classification of CSCW Systems. Research Journal of Applied Sciences, Engineering and Technology, 3(11), pp. 1313-1317, 2011. (HEC recognized)