Business Incubation Center of NUML (BICON) is a flagship project of Higher Education Commission (HEC) and formally started its operations in October 2016. It was established as an auxiliary unit of ORIC with a strategic aim of providing breeding ground to future Business startups. BICON triggers entrepreneurial spirit, provides state-of-the-art infrastructure, supports problem solving innovation, strengthens business development. BICON promotes the entrepreneurial culture for the start-ups, accelerators and spin-offs from the students, alumni and faculty members. As a national hub of innovation, BICON aims at taking a leading role in developing the national innovation ecosystem by engaging national and regional innovators from all campuses of NUML and nearby HEIs in collaboration.
To create an entrepreneurial ecosystem by shifting job-centric academic orientation towards society-led innovative exploration. To follow the state-of-the-art infrastructure, supporting solution-centric innovation, building market intelligence and strengthening business development.
To work for the development and empowerment of students, alumni and faculty members through capacity building and entrepreneurial grooming for pitching innovative ideas to develop sustainable solutions.
- Fostering an entrepreneurial spirit at university and encouraging students and faculty to create new enterprises.
- Supporting the development of an innovation ecosystem at university.
- Fostering the spirit of social and technological entrepreneurship in students, alumni & faculty.
- Providing quality mentorship and conducive environment for the students, alumni and faculty members.
- Participating as strategic partner of Regional Economic Players, Government & Industry to foster entrepreneurial culture in Pakistan.
What We Offer
- Incubation Curriculum
- Networking opportunities
- Furnished Co-working Space
- Free trainings / capacity building sessions / Mentorship
- Meet ups with industry experts / practitioners
How to Register for Startup
Apply at: http://bit.ly/3bGma6x
Social Media Links
Visit our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/BICONpk
- Successfully completed 4 cohorts i.e. 2 on-campus & 2 Virtual
- Faculty Startups: 06
- Student Startups: 40
- Grants Availed: 03
- Establishment of BICON (2018)
- Capacity Building in Emerging Technologies (2020)
- DICE Project
- State-of-the-art building and facilities
- Purpose built infrastructure for Incubation andCommercialization
- Furnished co-working spaces, video-conferencing rooms, meeting rooms, discussion rooms, idea room, conference rooms and auditorium.
- Mentoring support for faculty and student Startups
- Uninterrupted internet facility
- NUML KIOSK Pitching Competition
- HULT Prize Competition
- Innovation Ecosystem BootCamp
- Incubation Management Workshop
- Industrial Meetup Gala
- National Business Plan Competition
Roles and Responsibilities
- Promote faculty, students and alumni to start their businesses.
- Facilitate the access to laboratories, libraries, ICT-facilities, technical workforce, subject matter experts, and seed-funding opportunities.
- Provide guidance, including lectures, mentoring, access to materials, and technical advice on launching startups,
- Encourage the startups to generate opportunities for students to get internships, part-time and full-time jobs
- Transfer the skills and lessons from the incubators to the other universities to enhance the competitiveness and networking
- Provide physical infrastructure to entrepreneurs for incubation and Co-working space.
- Select business strategies for;
- protecting intellectual property
- mobilizing resources
- converting innovative ideas into successful enterprises.
Location: BICON office, First floor, Ibn e Rushd Block, Near Gate 3, NUML, Islamabad
Timings: Morning: 08:00:00-13:30:00
Contact: Phone: 92 51 92 65 100 ext 204